Our Terms & Conditions are to keep both the consumer and the company safe when dealing with services and installations.
Terms & Conditions are not limited to this list provided.
- A quote is an estimation only & can be subject to change.
- All payments must be up to date and no work will commence until payment is made accordingly unless arranged otherwise.
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Failure to pay invoices per terms and conditions stated herein as well as on the invoice will lead to further legal actions.
- Equipment installed remains the property of Green Light City (Pty) Ltd until paid in full.
- Registration of SSEG must take place when installing panels on a property. The application is independant to Green Light City’s specifications of work. However, Green Light CIty does assist clients with the process should the client wish us to do so. However, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all correct information is given through. Any SSEG Application’s costs from municipality or eskom is seperate from Green Light City and is payable directly from the client to the municipality or eskom and does not form part of Green Light CIty’s quote. Applications and replacements of Meter are dealt with directly to the relevant municipality or Eskom and Green Light City cannot assist with this. A proxy needs to be given to Green Light CIty’s representative giving permission to assist with the application and receive feedback accordingly. Should you not wish for Green Light City to assist with the application, please visit your relevant municipality or eskom’s website for the application process.
- Handover of Certificate of Compliance & Warranty documents will only be done once the final payment has been received.
- By accepting the quote, you agree that Green Light City (Pty) Ltd may take photos of the installation before, during, and after and allow us to use these photos for advertising and marketing. (Street address and house number will not be shown in the photos)
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time without prior notice if the exchange rate deviates by more than 0.20 ZAR/USD.
Handeling Fee of 7% will be on final invoices should the client no longer wish to go ahead with a specific equipment once the said equipment has already been delivered to the installation site. The handeling fee covers the costs of delivery and collection of the equipment.
Electrical Maintenance & Construction
Upon acceptance of quote, the client is to confirm via email or by signing the quote confirming acceptance of said quote. A 75% deposit is required to secure stock and an installation spot. An invoice will be issued on completion of the job whereby a 20% payment is due according to the invoices payments terms. The final 5% is payable on receipt of COC.
QUOTES ARE VALID FOR 30 DAYS whereafter a new quote will be issued depending on price adjustments.
Please note that all quotes are standard and are based on the architect’s design and plan. Switches and sockets are entry-level and should the client request a specific brand then a separate quote will have to be done. Light Fittings, electrical appliances, geysers, underfloor heating, heated towel rails, and any other electrical finishes not listed above but do not include sockets and switches, are not supplied by Green Light City, but rather by the client. If this quote is accepted and we are elected as the electrical contractor, any changes hereafter to the electrical plan will have to be quoted first before the work can commence accordingly. All changes and extra requirements must be given in writing.
Back-Up & Solar System Installations
Certificate of Compliance will be handed over once the job has been completed and 20% payment has been received. The final 5% retention is due on handover of COC.
Electrical Installations – Certificate of Compliance will be handed over once the job has been completed and once 95% of the final invoice has been paid up to date. The final 5% retention is due on handover of COC.
Upon acceptance, a 75% deposit invoice will be made out before any equipment can be ordered and any work can commence, thereafter installation can begin, 20% will be due on completion of installation and 5% will be due on handover of Compliance Certificate and Warranty certificate where applicable.
Installation dates are put in place to allow planning from our side as well as the client, however, these are subject to change depending on the weather and stock availability.
Please use the Company Name / Client Surname and invoice no as ref.
QUOTES ARE VALID FOR 14 DAYS whereafter a new quote will be issued depending on price adjustments.
* Warranty registrations need to be done in order for the inverter and/ or batteries. Green Light City can assist with this, please let us know if you require assistance. The serial number of the inverter is required as well as the battery serial number (applicable to FoxESS & Sunsynk battery products). Please ensure that you are aware of what is covered by the equipment’s warranty. Warranty Registration links:
* Once the installation is completed and the invoice has been sent – payments are due according to the terms and conditions set out above. No payments can be withheld due to “system failures” caused by clients changing settings or overloading the system – causing the system to fault.
* Green Light City will not be held responsible for equipment failure due to setting changes made by the client.
* Callout fees will be charged should Green Light City find that the system faults and/ or errors are due to overload and/ or changes to the settings made by clients.
Service & Product Guarantees
- Installation: The COMPANY will provide a 1-year guarantee on workmanship from the date of installation, this guarantee will be null and void should any 3rd party work on the system and/or in the event of any malicious damage to the system and/or any damage caused by acts of God. Acceptance of the quote and payment made accordingly will be seen as an agreement to the workmanship guarantee between Green Light City and the client.
- Equipment (Back-Up & Solar): The Inverter, Batteries, and Solar Panels will carry a guarantee by the suppliers accordingly provided that any damage or loss caused by lightning, acts of God, power surges, theft malicious damage &/or negligent handling are excluded.
- Equipment: will carry a guarantee by the suppliers accordingly provided that any damage or loss caused by manufacturing issues, lightning, acts of God, power surges, theft malicious damage &/or negligent handling are excluded. No claims can be made against Green Light City for the above issues.
- Green Light CIty cannot be held liable for the lead time on the fixing or replacement of the faulty equipment. This is solely the supplier / manufacturer’s responsibility.
- Excludes any equipment not installed by the COMPANY.
From the End of May 2022, Interest will be charged for payments not made according to terms. The interest rate will be between 3% – 5% depending on the amount due and the terms.